We desire to be a community rooted in God’s grace and reaching out with God’s love. In a phrase - Deep roots. Wide reach.
Our passion for God’s grace is reflected in an ancient symbol of the atonement which has graced the pulpit of our church for the past 75 years: the ‘pelican-in-her-piety.’ For centuries, this image has reminded Christians of the central importance of Jesus’ atoning work on our behalf. Therefore, the Gospel will be front-and-center to all we do at CPC.
We pursue our vision by gathering for gospel celebration (Ephesians 5:19), growing through gospel community (Romans 1:16) and giving ourselves for gospel causes (2 Corinthians 5:14-15). We believe the Bible calls each one of us to participate in three “gospel movements,” which can be summarized as the Gospel compelling us to gather, grow, and give.
One of the primary ways we grow in grace is by engaging in corporate worship each Sunday. Our worship is characterized by:
- Expository preaching which seeks to understand what a biblical passage says and what it means for our daily lives. The goal of our preaching ministry is to reorient us toward Jesus as our greatest joy.
- Singing of hymns and songs characterized by deep truth and beautiful music which guide our response to what Jesus has done for us. We are encouraged by the variety of biblical worship represented in the Church today.
- Sacraments by which we joyfully receive the means of grace – with covenant baptism welcoming us into God’s family and the Lord’s Supper equipping us to live together as God’s people.
- Corporate Prayer by which we take responsibility to intercede on behalf of our church body, our neighborhoods, and our world.
- Liturgy: through individual and corporate readings of Scripture, responses, prayers, and creeds, our liturgy is more than an expression of worship; it is formative, reshaping our affections, our desires, and our minds into greater conformity with Jesus.
- Testimonies of God's grace, provision, and faithfulness in individual lives which remind us that God is not done with us yet!
Connect with Covenant
- Pastoral Staff
- Ryan Laughlin, Senior Pastor
- Chris Smith, Assistant Pastor of Discipleship & Outreach
- Eric Whitley, Assistant Pastor of Worship & Community
- Greg Meyer, Assistant Pastor & Director of Student Ministry
- John Roberts, Assistant Pastor & Head of Covenant Christian School
- Sunday Worship: 8:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 6:00 p.m.
- Phone: (314) 432-8700
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 2143 N. Ballas Road, St. Louis, MO 63131
- | www.cpcstl.org